Thursday, April 22, 2010

Charts

Since I´m now a designer (haha) I have to have a tool for making charts for my patterns. I´ve tried different free softwares, but decided to buy the one from Intwined Pattern Studio. Not very expencive, 44 $. I like it a lot! It´s great and easy to use. Tonight I´ve made a chart for my new design: the ........ Shawl. Haven´t come up with a name yet.

This is an example of what a chart might look like:


When you´ve made the chart, you simply transfer it to a document, where you can write down anything you want and add pictures - and voilà: you got yourself a pattern. The software even make your pattern document into a pdf-file.


I spent the evening with some knitting ladies at Fröken Garn in Malmö. We discussed lace knitting, had coffee and mud cake. It is nice to meet others who share the same passion as me!


No comments:

Post a Comment